Upcoming Training: Preparing for a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Audit: What Not To Do
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- The requirements of the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules will be presented.
- The requirements of the CMS audit will be explained.
- A framework for creating a Audit Management Plan will be presented.
- The elements of a comprehensive plan will be discussed.
- An annual update process will be discussed to keep the plan up to date.
- The importance of documentation in the audit process will discussed.
Security – Compliance – Training
NVMedTech provides information security consultation, training and remediation for Nevada clinics, physicians and other health care related practices that have HIPAA compliance obligations.
The primary service offered is a Risk Analysis/Audit that results with a HIPAA compliance certification under the HIPAA Security Rule Section 164.308(a)(1).
- Once certification is completed, the organization becomes eligible for federal meaningful use funding incentives for adoption of a certified Electronic Health Record (EHR) system, higher Medicare-Medicaid reimbursement rates and other incentives.
- A secondary impact of the NVMedTech Risk Analysis/Audit is that the organization will have a comprehensive understanding of its security practices and policies, the availability of safe harbor provisions for data security compliance under various state and federal laws. The Risk Analysis-Audit assists in reducing liability and provides for working operational and security policies as well as a working plan for keeping the practice security posture current.
- A third impact of the NVMedTech Risk Analysis/Audit is patients will know that the practice is compliant with the law and actively working to protect their interests and Electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI).
Contact NVMedTech for a free on-site consultation!